Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA)
Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is a free economic zone located in the Jebel Ali area at the far western end of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, near Abu Dhabi. Created under a Ruler’s Decree, Jafza commenced operations in 1985 with standard size office units and warehouses to provide ready-built facilities to customers. It is one of the fastest-growing Free Zones in the MEASA region, which gives you direct access to a market of over 2 billion people.
Today, Jafza is a dynamic base for thousands of businesses, from over 100 countries, sustaining over 144,000 jobs and attracting more than 32% of the UAE’s foreign direct investment; all the while exceeding 50% of Dubai’s total exports, with a phenomenal value for a trade of $87.6 billion.
Types of business setup in JAFZA
The number of shareholders determines the formation type for the companies being established in Jebel Ali Free Zone
- Multiple shareholders– Two to 50 shareholders can set up a Free Zone Company (FZCO) in Jebel Ali Free Zone.
- A single shareholder– Whether an individual or a company, a single shareholder can register a Free Zone Establishment (FZE) in Jafza.
- Branch Company in Jafza
Types of licenses in JAFZA
- Trading License: to carry out trading activities.
- Industrial License: to carry out manufacturing activities.
- Service License: to carry out services activities.
- E-Commerce License: to carry out buying and selling of goods and services over electronic networks via any electronic means.
- National Industrial License: to carry out manufacturing activities where at least 51% of the ownership is of national(s) of an AGCC country.
- Innovation License: to carry out the development of new products and services.