Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA)
Launched in 2004, Dubai Silicon Oasis is considered as one of the world’s leading centres of advanced electronic innovation, design and development. DSO is the region’s engine towards establishing a stable knowledge base economy and extends an appealing value proposition embodied in the presence of full government support, competitive cost of operations, state-of-the-art infrastructure, advanced IT network, free zone benefits, 100 per cent ownership, and above all an environment that is specifically designed for the technology industry.
DSO offers an array of high-quality facilities to businesses operating within the technology park with state-of-the-art infrastructure, systems and equipment. Furthermore, DSO offers an eco-friendly and clean location with buildings being constructed to global energy-saving standards and daily maintenance carried out to ensure a pristine business environment.
Business Advantages of Setting up a Company in DSO Free Zone:
- 100% corporate tax exemption
- 100% personal income tax exemption
- 100% foreign company ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Single window clearance (One stop shop)
- No currency restrictions
Types of Company Formation in DSO Free Zone:
Any established company, whether in the UAE or abroad, can register its branch in the Dubai Silicon Oasis. The activity of the branch proposes to conduct in the Dubai Silicon Oasis is required to be identical to the activity conducted by the parent company.
Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
An FZE is a legal entity incorporated/registered by a single shareholder. The shareholder can either be an individual or a non-individual/corporate.
Free Zone Company (FZCO)
An FZCO is a legal entity incorporated/registered with a minimum of two shareholders. Shareholders can be either individuals or non-individual(s)/corporate.
Types of Licenses Offered for Setting up a Business in DSO Free Zone:
- Service License: This allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Trade License: This allows the registered entity to practice activities which are related to import, export, and distribution of items and goods as specified in the license.
- Industrial License: This allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product.
- Business Operation Permit: This is a special permit for companies operating in the Administrative Zone of DSOA (areas owned by private developers) using a license issued by the Dubai Economic Department (DED).
- Entrepreneurial Business License: An EBL license is designed to accelerate the successful development of young entrepreneurs and their businesses through an array of support resources and services.