Dubai Airport Freezone Authority (DAFZA)
The fastest growing Zone in the world. Ranked 1st globally by fDi magazine.
Dubai Airport Freezone (DAFZA) is ranked 1st globally by the Foreign Direct Investment Magazine’s Global Free Zones & Awards 2012/13, DAFZA won this rating as a result of its outstanding strategic approach and well-articulated plans to service its investors and partners.
DAFZA is one of the most prestigious and advanced free zones in Dubai, providing an ideal base to do business in the Middle East by providing a business-friendly environment, world class infrastructure, tax exemptions, full repatriation of earning, total ownership and exceptional facilities. Strategically located next to the Dubai International Airport, DAFZA is boasting rapid clearance and fast processing of paperwork to maximize business activity and efficiency.
Established in 1996, Dubai Airport Free Zone has become the gateway for a remarkable number of global investors seeking business opportunities in the Middle East region. Home to over 1600 international firms from various parts of the world, the DAFZA positions itself as one of the fastest growing economic zones in the region.
Business Advantages of Setting up a Company in DAFZA:
- DAFZA has a strategic location in the heart of Dubai next to the airport.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure.
- World-class facilities.
- Single window convenience for administrative services.
- Investor-oriented management.
- 24/7 customs services and rapid cargo clearance.
- A dedicated logistics center.
- 24/7 security.
Types of Company Formation in DAFZA:
Free Zone Company Setup
The FZCO company type is similar to a limited liability company that can operate within the Free Zone. Shareholders may be individuals, corporate entities or a combination of the two.
- Can be from 1-50 shareholders (individual, corporate or both).
- Minimum share capital: AED 1,000 (USD 272) per shareholder.
- Value of each share: AED 1000 (USD 272).
Existing companies can establish a Branch of their parent company in DAFZA. No share capital is required.
- 100% owned by parent company.
- Same business name as parent company.
- Same business activities as parent company.
Types of Licenses Offered for Setting up a Business in DAFZA:
A trade license allows the holder to carry out trading activities including import, export, re-export, distribution, and storage of specific products.
A service license is geared towards service-oriented businesses and enables an entity to provide services specified in the license. Note that obtaining a service license requires consultation with the sales executives to facilitate the selection of the right category.
An industrial license entitles the holder to carry out light manufacturing industrial activities, packaging and assembling.
General Trading License
A General Trading license allows the holder to trade in general activities including import, export, re-export, store, and distribute.
- DAFZA offers 100 per cent corporate tax exemption.
- 100 per cent personal income tax exemption.
- 100 per cent import and export tax exemption.