Setting up a Sole Proprietorship or Partnership (Civil Company) firm in mainland in Dubai/UAE.
Qualified foreign nationals can set up a sole proprietorship or a partnership firm (commonly known as civil company) to carry out professional activities such as IT/management/marketing etc. in mainland of Dubai/UAE. Unlike Limited Liability company (UAE National 51%:49% foreign national), foreign national can own 100% company and appoint UAE national as legal service agent (known as Wakil al-khidmat).
Legal Status : Sole proprietor or Civil Company (Partnership) or Branch
Capital : In case of partnership- any amount partners can decide mutually
Type : Professional License
Ownership : 100% foreign national
Dubai Authorities and Stakeholders have come up with a joint initiative of launching a virtual company license. Dubai Economy, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), General Directorate of Residency & Foreigner’s Affairs (GDFRA), Smart Dubai and the supreme
Documents / Details Required:
- Application form- Initial approval- duly signed by all the foreign partners and legal service agent- UAE National.
- Few Trade Names
- Passport copies of all the partners (Zinsia copy /Family card of the Local service Agent)
- Legal service agreement with UAE national – to be notarized at Notary public.
- Partnership agreement between foreign partners- with capital, shareholding and profit sharing details – to be notarized at Notary public.
- Tenancy Contract of office attested from Land Department
- Address & Contact nos. for preparing legal service agreement.
Note: For Consultancy activity
- CV / Profile of the foreign partners.
- Attested Professional Qualification Certificate
- To obtain the license, foreign partner or the manager must pass the exam from American University in Dubai.
If you need additional assistance or have any questions, please contact the following:
Tel: +971 4 343 8022