Located in Abu Dhabi, the Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) offers entrepreneurs a perfect opportunity to set up businesses in the trading, industrial, manufacturing, and logistics sectors. KIZAD is a key part of Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 and has succeeded in setting a new benchmark for industrial zone infrastructure in the UAE. KIZAD is now among the world’s best port-integrated industrial zones and is a leading hub for manufacturing, logistics, and trading activities. Establishing a company in KIZAD provides foreign entrepreneurs with unique advantages including world-class infrastructure, and strategic location with access to regional and international markets.
KIZAD is located near Khalifa Port, which is regarded as one of the best deep seaports in the world. By establishing their companies in KIZAD, investors can enjoy multimodal connectivity via sea, air, road, and the future rail network. KIZAD is just 45 minutes away from Dubai and Abu Dhabi and is connected to major highways and major airports: Abu Dhabi Airport, Dubai International, Al Maktoum International, and Al Ain Airport.
The location of KIZAD in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, is strategically advantageous to businessmen. The UAE’s capital is a fast-growing business hub that is ranked among the most attractive economies in the world. The business setup process in KIZAD is cost-efficient and the investors can take advantage of the low operational costs.
How to Set up a Company in KIZAD Free Zone
In order to become an investor at KIZAD, the investors are required to obtain a confirmation of a lease agreement as a pre-requisite document and register the company. The following types of legal Structures can be set up at KIZAD Free Zone
a) Limited Liability Company
Entrepreneurs can set up a Limited Liability Company (LLC) Company with a minimum paid-up capital of AED 150,000 or such higher paid-up capital as required. The KIZAD LLC can be owned by an individual or corporate or a combination of both.
b) Branch Company
The companies with valid registration and license outside KIZAD can expand their presence by opening a branch in the free zone. KIZAD offers the opportunity to register the branch of a UAE company as well as the branch of a foreign company.
Types of Licenses Offered at KIZAD
i) Industrial License
The industrial license enables the investors to conduct activities such as import of raw material, manufacturing, processing, assembling, packaging, and export of intermediate and/or finished products and such other industrial activities permitted.
ii) General Trading License
The trading license allows the companies to engage in trading activities including import, export, distribution, stocking, and warehousing of products and items and such other related trading activities. The General Trading License will be issued if the total number of products exceeds 17 or the total number of groups exceeds 3.
iii) Service License
With a service license, the companies can do service activities such as management and economic consulting services, marketing services, logistical support services such as cargo and freight forwarding, restaurants, retail food outlets, catering services, travel agencies, etc.
Documents Required to Form LLC Company in KIZAD
- Application form for Registration & License
- Business Plan
- Details of shareholders
- Details of Ultimate Beneficial Owner
- Valid Passport copy of Director(s), Manager, and Secretary
- NOC from the current Residency visa sponsor (for Manager only)
- Registry Identification Form – Individual (Specimen Signature)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the proposed Ltd Company notarized and legalized
Documents Required to Form Branch of a Company in KIZAD
a) For Branch of Foreign Companies
- Original Certificate of Registration of the Parent Company
- Original Certificate of Good Standing
- Original Memorandum and Articles of Association of the parent company along with a list of the current Directors
- Registry Identification Form
- Board Resolution of the Parent Company
b) For Branch of UAE Companies
1. Board Resolution of the UAE Parent Company ) below serial no starts from 2?
2. Copy of a valid Trade License of parent company issued by the Department of Planning & Economy
3. Copy of the Commercial Registration of parent company issued by the Department of Planning & Economy for the Parent Company (if applicable)
4. Original Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Parent Company along with a list of the current Directors (if applicable) (a copy will be accepted if notarized).
5. Registry Identification Form
Benefits of Opening a Company at KIZAD
- 100% ownership
- Access to serviced land plots
- Modern Infrastructure
- Access to dedicated rail network after the completion of Etihad Rail
- Dedicated Investor Support
- Access to pre-built warehouses & offices
Business Setup Consultants in Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD)
Setting up a business in one of the 40 free zones in the UAE is a tough choice to make as each of them has distinct features and restrictions on activities. Careful examination is required to choose the best free zone jurisdiction that fits the business activities of the proposed company. Entrepreneurs in such situations need the expert guidance of an experienced business setup consultant. Jitendra Business Consultants (JBC) is one of the most reputed company formation specialists in the UAE with proven experience in helping clients set up businesses in free zones in the UAE including the ones in Abu Dhabi. JBC’s highly qualified company formation specialists are well-versed in-laws and regulations that govern the free zones. JBC’s business setup consultants would guide the investors in every process of company formation right from registration to incorporation. JBC’s efficient handling of the paper works would make the registration process easy, quicker, and error-free. By entrusting the JBC with all the steps of the business setup process, the investors get the opportunity to focus on enhancing their business prospects without any headache.