Setting up a company in Abu Dhabi’s twofour54 Free Zone provides entrepreneurs with a perfect opportunity to drive their media-related businesses. The free zone was established in 2008 with an ambitious vision of bolstering Abu Dhabi’s media industry. The twofour54 Free Zone is being efficiently regulated by the Media Zone Authority (MZA) to elevate Abu Dhabi’s position as a major player in the thriving global media industry.
The twofour54 free zone offers entrepreneurs a rare opportunity to set up an office in the vicinity of some of the biggest names in the media and publishing industry including BBC, Financial Times, National Geographic, etc. The location of the free zone is one of the major benefits businesses can enjoy in twofour54 free zone. The companies get direct access to the Arab world as the free zone is located in Abu Dhabi.
Key Benefits of Establishing Business in twofour54 Free Zone
- 100% company ownership
- Zero license & registration fees by the Media Zone Authority
- No minimum share capital requirements
- Quick and easy set-up
- Cost-effective office spaces
- World-class studios and post-production facilities
- Strong IP protection regime
- Excellent infrastructure, uplink and fiber connectivity
- Access to online Briefing Room
List of Business Activities in twofour54 Free Zone
Choosing a business activity is a prerequisite while applying for a license in twofour54 Free Zone. The activities range from advertising to broadcasting and publishing. The list of some of the major activities is listed below:
- Gaming Development
- Broadcasting of TV/ Radio
- Content Management and Monitoring Services
- Content Portal Management
- Content Production
- Digital Content Production
- Content Production – Publications
- Marketing and Communications
- Media Research Services
- Media Training
- Music Production and Recording
- News Gathering Services
- Post-Production Services
How to Setup a Business in twofour54 Free Zone?
Three main business structures are available for companies or individuals who seek to set up their businesses in twofour54.
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch of a Company
The Media Zone Authority has stipulated special name requirements for starting a Free Zone Limited Liability Company in the Free Zone. The name of all the companies should end with the suffix “Free Zone Limited Liability Company”. The companies have the option to shorten it as FZ-LLC. The requirement on the name is in accordance with the Companies Regulations 2016. The name of the branches should end with the suffix “Media Zone – Abu Dhabi Branch”.
The process of setting up the business can be completed in 4 simple steps:
- Submitting the Business Form
- Approval of Proposed Name & Activity
- Submitting the first installment of Security Deposit
- Completing Legal & Regulatory Signature with MZA
- Issuance of License
Documents Required to Start a Business in twofour54 Free Zone
- Business form or plan
- Passport copy and UAE visa (if applicable) of appointed general manager of the company, who should be sponsored by twofour54 once the license is issued (if the GM is an expat)
- Application Fee
Why Choose Jitendra Business Consultants?
Jitendra Business Consultants (JBC) is a trusted name in the domain of business setup consulting in the UAE. JBC’s team of highly experienced business setup consultants have helped numerous clients in easily surpassing the hurdles of establishing their businesses in Abu Dhabi’s twofour54 free zone. With the expert guidance from the JBC consultants, companies are able to navigate easily through all the steps of company formation right from registration to company incorporation.
How to Obtain a Freelancer License in twofour54 Free Zone?
The freelancer permit grants individuals access to a community of more than 500 regional and international media partners. The free zone provides an exclusive and committed team to offer support to freelancers. The freelancer permit comes with the benefits including:
- Residency visa valid for 2 years
- Access to world-class production and post-production facilities
- Talent and development training programs
- Youth community of 14,000+ members
Individuals need to apply with necessary documents to get the freelancer license in twfor54 Free Zone. The following documents are required to be submitted:
- Copy of passport
- Passport-size digital photo
- 2 professional references (with contact details)
- Offer Letter or a letter of intent from a twofour54 business partner